Ye gawds!! After reading two articles, Sasha @ Platinum Bubble and Divya @ A Divine Humour on personality types, I decided to play along and take all the quizzes and read the articles. And surprise, surprise I am an… Alpha!! **clap, clap clap!** It was definitely the entertainer of the day. While, those two claim to be Betas, I am distinctly reminded of various incidents where I was upstaged by them. Don’t let their pretty little faces fool you. Beta or no Beta 😛 ROFL!!
Anyhow, what I did notice was that in articles describing Alpha females – read this one ,were their particular traits. For example, Famous Alpha women listed people like
Blair Waldorf –
I love everything about her character. Her style, her always wanting to succeed, having a life long love like Chuck(where do I find one of those?? 😉 ) I think she epitomizes an Alpha beautifully- strength and grace under inhuman pressure. And she delicately supports Serena without ever being overshadowed by her.
Anna Wintour – (Or Meryl Streep’s portrayal of her in The Devil wears Prada) Again, Strength and grace in impossible situations and Superb at what she does. (Oh, how I love that trait!)
Alpha females favorite films – The Devil wears Prada!(The movie, mind you. The book was one long rant.)
And a few strong characters I would like to add
1. Dagny Taggart in the Atlas Shrugged(yes, I am team Atlas Shrugged, not team The Fountainhead)
2. Scarlett O’Hara from Gone with the Wind.
3. Elizabeth Bennet from The Pride and Prejudice
4. Princess Panchaali from The Palace of Illusions.
5. Robin from How I Met Your Mother.
The Cons –
Alpha females are known for being bitches. She will make sure to create drama and exaggerate things to the max.
– I have to agree with this. Drama is loved by my species and while it would be unfair to call us bitches, we do like getting what we want. Also, most alpha women are self-reliant. It is often portrayed as “being a bitch” or “aggressive” or “masculine”.
She’s possessive and sometimes jealous. You can forget about “poker nights” and similar, the alpha woman will decide who you meet and when.
– Umm, no, unfortunately, I don’t agree with this. Maybe possessive but rarely jealous. We are quite confident about who we are or what we do. And no, we are not crazy psycho bitches either where we dictate terms of your life. Just very choosy about our own.
Don’t expect her to accept her place in the kitchen, because she is far too evolved for that. She’s demanding and might as well ask her husband to clean, cook and take care of the children.
-Hahahahha! This one is bang on. I rarely cook but I clean, sort and organize the place till its gleaming. And every time I think about marriage or children, I do expect the man to do this job and help me too.
I think the author of the article mentioned above considers herself a Beta female as she seems to have judged the alphas, a bit too harshly, or maybe she had Samantha Jones (SATC) in mind while writing the article. If you are chasing an alpha, you have to be bit out there. They are liberal, kind, very loving, not needy, will fix the television for you in case you can’t, are independent and creative. Just a little pushy at times and honest. No much manipulations at their end as they will tell you how they feel rather bluntly. And its no mean feat to handle a woman of such caliber. Like Rhett Butler of GWTW, Barney Stinson of HIMYM, John Galt of Atlas Shrugged, Fiztwilliam Darcy of Pride and Prejudice and Chuck Bass of Gossip Girl, the alpha women tend to love the alpha-est of alpha men!